Billy (AC) and Freda Naidoo
•Billy is the first son and the sixth child of Chinna Naidoo. He was born 16 August 1939 in Sezela. He went to primary school in Sezela and then to High school in Umzinto, and matriculated at Sastri College in 1959. He attended the University of Natal where he obtained a BA UED in teaching in 1964. His academic excellence resulted in him being awarded the Jan Hofmeyr bursary. He taught English and Latin at High school level for over 35yrs. He was also one of the first Indian sub examiners for JC Latin. He taught Adult education at Chatsworth High and Protea Secondary, and later became a supervisor of Adult education. He was a matric sub examiner for all grades of English.
•Some of the schools that he has taught at include:
–Port Shepstone High (1965-1967)
–Centenary Secondary (1967-1983 = Acting HOD English (1978-1982)
–Umkomaas Secondary (1984-1985 = Acting HOD English)
–Welbedene Secondary (1985-1994 = HOD English)
–Sunbeam Primary School (1994 = Principal)
–Protea Secondary (1994-1999 = Deputy Principal = Retired 1999)
•He was an active member and Custodian of the Mobeni Heights Civic Association. He was also the Chairman of the Cato Pre Primary School for 10yrs.
•He is married to Freda, the third child of Bobby and Kaina Latchmiah of Puntans Hill. In addition to having a full time job, Billy’s entrepreneurial spirit prompted him to enter the restaurant business with Midway Lounge (1973-1976), and then later a liquor store Nagina Liquors (1985-1989).
•In November 1977 Billy and family moved to 17 Tritonia Crescent, Mobeni Heights. They now live in Somerset Park, Umhlanga.
•He now spends his time enjoying the company of his family, and travelling extensively.
• Mirosh is an attorney and conveyancer in private practice, in Sunset Avenue in Kharwastan. She also serves as a commissioner at the Small Claims Court in Chatsworth.
• Mirosh is married to Kooglan Naidu, who is the District Manager at ABI (Coca Cola) in Durban.
She has two children, Saiuran and Mirissa. Saiuran is in Grade 10 at Northwood High School. Mirissa is in Grade 7 at Glenashley Prep School.
• Suraya is the HR Consultant for SAB Ltd East Coast Region. She has two children, Shirahn and Shiara. Shirahn is in Grade 4 at Glenashley Prep, and Shiara is in Grade R at Glenashley Junior Primary.
• Vanessa is employed by LexisNexis SA (Pty) Ltd (Publishing Company), as a Managing Editor of the Law Reports Department (Local and Africa).
• She is married to Sudeer Narotam and they have 2 children, Narvar and Kiara. Narvar is in Grade 2 at Durban Preparatory High School. Kiara is in Grade 000 at Wonderland. Sudeer is a Director at Panjivan Liquors, a family owned and managed, retail and wholesale food and liquor outlet in Isipingo, KwaMashu and Marburg.
• Sudeshni works as a Payroll Consultant for VIP Payroll Systems.